Monday 7 May 2012

To the Hit Parade

I have decided it would be good to listen to every record that ever achieved the position of number one in the UK music charts. Hopefully this will make me a better human being and a greater asset on pub quiz teams. I will be going through chronologically, starting from 1952 when the first chart based on record sales was produced (before this point only sheet music sales were ranked). Of course the UK chart is still very much alive, but for the sake of having a goal to aim towards I'm going to say I will stop at 2005. I think this is about when my nostalgia (real or imagined) will start getting low, and I'm fairly sure nostalgia is an essential mechanism for coping with questionable pop music. I'll aim to do at least one a day and will ideally base my opinions on repeated listening.

Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment